Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hyderabad, Jai Ho!



Another week, and more love, frustration and new adventures.

I realize I haven't given an update in a couple of days, so I first need to share my thoughts from this past weekend. Sunday we planned a trip into Hyderabad, which was 19 of us on a comfy bus for the three hour ride each way.

I can wholeheartedly say that this one experience has turned me off organized group travel completely. We rented a bus but the Cenre told us there would be a volunteer accompanying us to show us some sights and shopping areas. Well going somewhere with a giant group - many of which don't have the same concept of time - is difficult at best. We first went to a beautiful white granite hilltop temple but some stragglers kept getting lost and making us all wait around. Most of us just wanted to shop but instead every little thing we did took FOREVER.

I bought one scarf and some bangles. And so I guess I'll be going back in a few weekends to try shopping round 2. It was pretty crazy being in a city of 8 million people, I couldn't even look around fast enough to catch anything.

And we sang ALL the way there and back. Lots and lots of Jai Ho :)

View of a part of old Hyderabad:

No comments:

Post a Comment